Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> on 2005/02/23 23:02:40 UTC

Subversion reorg - Short term plans

Here's where I am with the Maven build

The items below that are 'done' mean you can run 'maven dist' and get a full
distribution of that component.

core/     - done
tiles/    - in process
taglib/   - done (pending tiles above)
el/       - done
apps/     - in process
bsf/      -
flow/     -
faces/    -
shale/    -
sandbox   -

This doesn't mean the artifacts are complete though.  Specifically, I need
to add a task to copy the foo/build during the src distribution, but I'm
close to having that done too.

--
James Mitchell
EdgeTech, Inc.

Re: Subversion reorg - Short term plans

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Sorry, I take that back.  There are still a few issues with the shared conf/
stuff.

I'll reply when that is fixed.

--
James Mitchell
EdgeTech, Inc.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:02:40 -0500, James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> wrote:

> shale/    -

I can save you a little short term work :-).  I'd like to keep this
one Ant-based for now.  It's totally independent of the others, so
that should not cause any grief.

Craig

Re: Subversion reorg - Short term plans

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I'm gonna go with c, but I'll move it to core/src/mock so we can use them
universally.

--
James Mitchell
EdgeTech, Inc.

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 07:29:02 -0500, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:25:33 -0800, Martin Cooper wrote:
> > I haven't created 'site' yet. I'm going to come up with an overall
> > docs plan, post it on the wiki, and then try to migrate all of the
> > docs together, in as short an interval as possible. The 'site'
> > subproject will show up at that time.
>
> In the meantime, if no one minds, I'll make some minor fixes and tweaks to the docs that we already got.
>
> If someone is going to port these to another XML format, just give a shout here a few minutes before, in case I have something open at that instant in time.

Absolutely. That's why I want to have everything ready before I start
- so that other folks like yourself can keep our docs up to date in
the meantime.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: Wiki Exports [was Re: Subversion reorg - Short term plans]

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Oh, what I wouldn't give to be able to use Trac for Struts!  Not only
does it do, IMO, a good job of being a simple, nice looking wiki, but it
is tightly integrated into Subversion and comes with its own source code
browser that I find _much_ easier to use than viewCVS.  That said, it
probably wouldn't be as useful to have on Trac instance for all of
Apache (since there is only one subversion repository), and you are
right, the key is admin support and I'm not sure it if is important
enough to pile more work on their plates.

Don

Ted Husted wrote:
> We have MoinMoin installed on ASF hardware right now. (Of course, we
can use any resources we like. Things like wikis don't have to be on ASF
hardware if we want to host them somewhere else.) The MoinMoin wiki is
here: [http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/FrontPage].

> I see a MoinMoin proposal for PDF export
[http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/PdfReport?highlight=%28pdf%29] but
searching for "export", "html", and "xhtml" didn't turn up any other hits.

> Our old friends at WUSH.NET are using Trac, and it seems quite nice.
It may be something we could have installed here, if there were
sufficient interest. (Though I would hesitate to make any requests of
our overworked infra team.)

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.