Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Bharat Singh <bh...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/11 02:01:27 UTC

Why 1K filesize limit in ZKfuse

Hi,

I am trying to use zookeeper with zkfuse interface. I have some doubts
regarding max file size supported.

Zookeeper max file size: (1MB)
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.1.2/api/org/apache/zookeeper/ZooKeeper.htm

The maximum allowable size of the data array is 1 MB

ZKfuse max file size: (1KB)
http://code.metager.de/source/xref/apache/zookeeper/src/contrib/zkfuse/src/zkfuse.cc
*static* *const* *unsigned* maxDataFileSize
<http://code.metager.de/source/s?refs=maxDataFileSize&project=apache> =
MAX_DATA_SIZE
<http://code.metager.de/source/xref/apache/zookeeper/src/contrib/zkfuse/src/zkfuse.cc#MAX_DATA_SIZE>
;

Why ZKfuse reduces the size further since we already have a cap at
zookeeper.
Is there any explanation behind this check in ZKfuse.

Please point me to appropriate forum if this is not the one.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Bharat

Re: Why 1K filesize limit in ZKfuse

Posted by Bharat Singh <bh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Camille.

Yes I agree, It will take more memory and replication time might increase.
I am more interested if there are any possible issues if we operate with
the max allowed file size or as we increase the no of files. Do we have any
benchmarking/performance stats for this ?

How do i decide a safe limit.

Posted by Bharat Singh <bh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Camille.

Posted by Camille Fournier <ca...@apache.org>.