Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com> on 2001/08/30 15:37:27 UTC

[Patch] Parent Component Managers

All,

included is a patch that allows one to specify a root component manager for
Cocoon.

By putting

    <init-param>
      <param-name>parent-component-manager</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.cocoon.components.ParentComponentManager/InitParamet
er</param-value>
    </init-param>

into the web.xml, the following will happen via reflection:

ComponentManager cm = new
org.apache.cocoon.components.ParentComponentManager("InitParameter");

and then cm will be used as the parent CM of Cocoon's CM.

Of course, the class name and parameter is chosen by the user.

So, for example, to use a component manager via JNDI:

    <init-param>
      <param-name>parent-component-manager</param-name>

<param-value>my.JNDIComponentManager//my/namespace/ComponentManager</param-v
alue>
    </init-param>

which will instatiate my.JNDIComponentManager like this:

my.JNDIComponentManager("/my/namespace/ComponentManager");

and use it as the parent CM for cocoon.

/LS

Re: [Patch] Parent Component Managers

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Leo,

Will you be kind enough to re-submit this against C2.1? Here's the procedure. Once it gets
validated we can VOTE on moving to to C2.0.

1. Get the latest from xml-cocoon2 HEAD in cvs.
2. Apply your changes.
3. Run "cvs diff -u" from xml-cocoon2 directory.
4. Zip up the output plus any additional new files.
5. Post the zip to the list.

Thanks,
dims

--- Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> included is a patch that allows one to specify a root component manager for
> Cocoon.
>
> By putting
>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>parent-component-manager</param-name>
>
> <param-value>org.apache.cocoon.components.ParentComponentManager/InitParamet
> er</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>
> into the web.xml, the following will happen via reflection:
>
> ComponentManager cm = new
> org.apache.cocoon.components.ParentComponentManager("InitParameter");
>
> and then cm will be used as the parent CM of Cocoon's CM.
>
> Of course, the class name and parameter is chosen by the user.
>
> So, for example, to use a component manager via JNDI:
>
>     <init-param>
>       <param-name>parent-component-manager</param-name>
>
> <param-value>my.JNDIComponentManager//my/namespace/ComponentManager</param-v
> alue>
>     </init-param>
>
> which will instatiate my.JNDIComponentManager like this:
>
> my.JNDIComponentManager("/my/namespace/ComponentManager");
>
> and use it as the parent CM for cocoon.
>
> /LS
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/octet-stream name=CocoonServlet.java.diff

> ATTACHMENT part 3 application/octet-stream name=web.xml.diff

> ATTACHMENT part 4 application/octet-stream name=Cocoon.java.diff

> ATTACHMENT part 5 application/octet-stream name=ParentComponentManager.java

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI