Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Abhishek Kumar <ab...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/23 08:12:38 UTC

Need Help to send Batch message with Qpid JmS in Java

Hi Team,

We have requirement to send 10k message per second to azure service bus with
the use of Qpid JMS .

I am not able to find, how can I enable and implement batch functionality
for sending.

Could you please provide any guidance for sending batch message to service
bus with Qpid JMS ?

Regards,
Abhishek Kumar

Re: Need Help to send Batch message with Qpid JmS in Java

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I was replying to say that I wasnt sure if you were talking about the
custom 'batch message' format Azure also supports, but Qpid JMS
doesn't support it (it could perhaps be shoehorned to send them with
some significant abuse of internals as-is, but receipt would be a
different story), but Clemens beat me to the punch and is obviously a
much better person to speak to that area.

In terms of sending asynchronously, you can use the async send APIs
introduced in JMS 2.0 to have multiple messages in flight at a time,
if thats all you meant.

Robbie

AW: Need Help to send Batch message with Qpid JmS in Java

Posted by Clemens Vasters <cl...@microsoft.com.INVALID>.
Hello Abhishek,

I'm an Architect on the Azure Service Bus Team.

I strongly recommend you use the Service Bus native Java client for this. The client builds on Proton-J.
https://github.com/Azure/azure-service-bus-java

Batching isn't a standardized AMQP feature, and Service Bus uses a custom AMQP message format for this where we fit multiple AMQP messages into an outer message. QpidJMS will not be able to reproduce that.

Be advised that you'll need an Azure Service Bus Premium namespace with 4MU for sustainable 10k msg/sec and that you must use asynchronous operations, allowing for several unacknowledged messages to remain in flight. Please review this doc section for details https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/service-bus-messaging/message-transfers-locks-settlement

Best Regards
Clemens

Sent from: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fqpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com%2FApache-Qpid-users-f2158936.html&data=04%7C01%7Cclemensv%40microsoft.com%7C6e7688a791704fa9e60c08d59096f43e%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C1%7C636573900377355763%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwifQ%3D%3D%7C-1&sdata=0giL5ADGWF9T7YXdSE11i6p4kkJs0Aoh33Of31sIjXw%3D&reserved=0