Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "tomas.kalas" <ka...@email.cz> on 2014/12/18 12:22:32 UTC

Differentiate direction.

Hello,
is possible differentiate direction in one field?
I have a interview and i have there a tags <d1>Talking first person</d1>
<d2>Talking second person</d2><d1>First person</d1><d2>Second person</d2>
etc.

When i want search olny reply from first person.

Must i split on more fields, or should i use some delimiter by <d1>...</d1>,
or any other solutions?

Thanks.

Re: Differentiate direction.

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@hoplahup.net>.
Kind of depends on how you're going to query.
If you're going to query always with a direction then, you can probably prefix all tokens with the direction.
If you're going to query always simple text bits, then using phrase search with d1 and d2 being words might also work.
If you're going for full flexibility (query with and without direction) then I think you probably want to split fields.
Similarly as you split fields between stemmed and unstemmed fields and join them back with the query expansion.

paul