Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jay Rutten <ja...@kurant.com> on 2004/04/01 20:51:52 UTC

Tomcat 5.0.19, IIS, Windows XP

I am having problems getting the examples to work in an "out of the box"
scenario. Here is what I have installed:

1) JSDK 1.4.2_02 (auto-upgraded to 1.4.2_02-b03) with JAVA_HOME set
appropriately.
2) Tomcat 5.0.19 installed and running as a service. The only options
changed during install were the directory (changed to C:\Java\tomcat5.0.19)
and installing as a service. It appears to be working as going to
http://localhost:8080 brings up the manager appropriately. I can also get to
the examples with http://localhost:8080/jsp-examples.
3) JK2 redirector installed using the install4iis.js script included in the
zip file. I made a minor change to the script to create the Filters for the
default web site, which I am confident is correct. You don't need the change
if you have a Filter currently set up at that level. I copied the
workers2.properties.sample to my TOMCAT\conf area (killing the .samples). I
did have to change it slightly since the examples changed. Here are the
current contents:

[shm]
info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess
servers.
file=anon

# Defines a load balancer named lb. Use even if you only have one machine.
[lb:lb]

# Example socket channel, override port and host.
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1

# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009
group=lb

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/examples/*]
group=lb

[uri:/jsp-examples/*]
group=lb

[uri:/servlets-examples/*]
group=lb

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime information

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=The Tomcat /jkstatus handler
group=status:

I can successfully go to http://localhost/jkstatus. However, when I go to
http://localhost/jsp-examples, the browser just hangs. It doesn't even time
out. I also notice that in the application event log, there is the following
warning:

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	Apache Jakarta Connector2
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	2
Date:		4/1/2004
Time:		10:33:11 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	OCEAN
Error: [jk_isapi_plugin.c (496)]: HttpExtensionProc worker is NULL

- Is the default server.xml sufficient to getting to these examples? Do I
have to uncomment the invoker servlet?
- What are the possible values that go in workers2.properties? I have
noticed in several examples on the web that a tomcatid value is used for the
uri entries, but it typically goes go localhost:8009. Do I need a worker
specification for each uri entry?

Any direction on where I could look would be greatly appreciated...