Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com> on 2001/03/02 23:39:48 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 acinclude.m4 Makefile.in

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 03:46:26PM -0000, gregames@apache.org wrote:
> gregames    01/03/02 07:46:23
>
>   Modified:    .        acinclude.m4 Makefile.in
>   Log:
>   fix make install so that suexec is installed where the server expects to
>   find it ( <prefix>/sbin by default).
>
>   also enable ./configure --sbindir=DIR to work as advertised.

While you're at it: whose idea wa it to default to /usr/local as the
installation prefix? I almost ruined my system when I first tried a
"make install" and it wrote into /usr/local/libexec, /usr/local/bin,
and generated all these funny other directories within /usr/local.
Nobody who tries 2.0 for the first time expects that.
I vote for /usr/local/apache.

   Martin
--
<Ma...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>    |       Fujitsu Siemens
       <ma...@apache.org>              |   81730  Munich,  Germany

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 acinclude.m4 Makefile.in

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>.
I'd adopted Apache2.0 for the default on Win32, but I'm happy to change.

Bill

Posted by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>.
On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 12:42:11AM -0000, David Reid wrote:
> > > I vote for /usr/local/apache.
> >
> > ++1, but can we use /usr/local/apache2?
>
> +1 for /usr/local/apache2

+1.

   Martin

Posted by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk>.
> > I vote for /usr/local/apache.
>
> ++1, but can we use /usr/local/apache2?

+1 for /usr/local/apache2

david

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 acinclude.m4 Makefile.in

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Martin Kraemer wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 03:46:26PM -0000, gregames@apache.org wrote:
> > gregames    01/03/02 07:46:23
> >
> >   Modified:    .        acinclude.m4 Makefile.in
> >   Log:
> >   fix make install so that suexec is installed where the server expects to
> >   find it ( <prefix>/sbin by default).
> >
> >   also enable ./configure --sbindir=DIR to work as advertised.
>
> While you're at it: whose idea wa it to default to /usr/local as the
> installation prefix? I almost ruined my system when I first tried a
> "make install" and it wrote into /usr/local/libexec, /usr/local/bin,
> and generated all these funny other directories within /usr/local.
> Nobody who tries 2.0 for the first time expects that.
> I vote for /usr/local/apache.

++1, but can we use /usr/local/apache2?

Ryan

406 29th St.