Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2003/12/05 17:54:01 UTC

apache newsletter

Issue #3 of the Apache Newsletter is being formulated at
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheNewsletterDrafts/Issue3

I would like to add something for Forrest, but we haven't made any releases and
I haven't followed the mailing list closely enough to recall any important
discussions or decisions that were made.

Here are the forrest entries from the first 2 newsletters:
http://www.apache.org/newsletter/200309.html#XML_Forrest
http://www.apache.org/newsletter/200307.html#XML_Forrest

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net

Re: apache newsletter

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Quoting David Crossley:
>
> > Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > > Issue #3 of the Apache Newsletter is being formulated at
> > > http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheNewsletterDrafts/Issue3
> > >
> > > I would like to add something for Forrest,
> >
> > Please do make a start, the rest of us can perhaps add some more.
> > Copy the intro and the invitation from previous newsletters.
>
> Done.

Thanks, i tweaked it a bit, mainly to remove the email address.
We have a big drive at Forrest to obfuscate email addresses and
help reduce spam harvesting.

Please would other people add items to the Forrest section.
Surely there are more items.

> Could someone provide a short description of the LocationMapModule?

Did it end up in our CVS or at Cocoon?

--David

Re: apache newsletter

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Quoting David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>:

> Dave Brondsema wrote:
> > Issue #3 of the Apache Newsletter is being formulated at
> > http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheNewsletterDrafts/Issue3
> >
> > I would like to add something for Forrest,
>
> Please do make a start, the rest of us can perhaps add some more.
> Copy the intro and the invitation from previous newsletters.

Done.  Could someone provide a short description of the LocationMapModule?

Re: apache newsletter

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Issue #3 of the Apache Newsletter is being formulated at
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheNewsletterDrafts/Issue3
>
> I would like to add something for Forrest,

Please do make a start, the rest of us can perhaps add some more.
Copy the intro and the invitation from previous newsletters.

> but we haven't made any releases and
> I haven't followed the mailing list closely enough to recall any important
> discussions or decisions that were made.

Here are some:
* Two new committers: Dave Brondsema and Unico Hommes
* Commenced work on new forrestbot
* Skin packaging and downloading system
* No more source copying
* Unico's new LocationMapModule.
* There are some other things done, that we talked about last newsletter
* Not yet ready for 0.6 release

--David