Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Lior Shliechkorn <li...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/27 22:26:16 UTC

COUNTIF Formula results in #VALUE

Hello,

I've created an excel file, which I need to create a
column of rows where I want to use the COUNTIF
function. My method currently is creating a temp file
of the report I generated, and then re-read the file
in to modify cells to contain the formula.

I managed a row index called GLOBAL_ROW_COUNT and I
basically have the following code block:

  private void modifySheet( HSSFSheet sheet ) {
  	HSSFRow row = null;
  	HSSFCell cell = null;
  	for( short i = 2; i < (GLOBAL_ROW_COUNT - 1); i++ )
{
		row = sheet.getRow( i );
		cell = row.getCell( (short) 19 );
		cell.setCellFormula( "COUNTIF(S3:S" +
(GLOBAL_ROW_COUNT - 1) +",S" + ( i + 1 ) + ")" );
  	}
  }

So this scans the whole column for instances of the
current cell within that column. Now, I'm getting a
#VALUE result. But when I hit F2 to modify the cell
and then simply just hit enter I see the correct
value. What can I do to solve this issue?

Thank you very much,

Lior Shliechkorn

Re: COUNTIF Formula results in #VALUE

Posted by Lior Shliechkorn <li...@yahoo.com>.
I have the newest release...2.5 I believe. I have
another cell which I used the concat command on, and
it worked fine. I just changed the name of the
function and the parameters to be passed and it's not
working.

I'm not sure what it could be...

Posted by an...@superlinksoftware.com.