Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/07 06:05:41 UTC

Ruby Bindings on OSX

Hi All,
    I've been able to successfully compile the Ruby bindings but when
I run "make check-swig-rb" I get the following:

require': no such file to load -- svn/ext/core (LoadError)

Is there any special magic that needs to be applied to make the Ruby
bindings work on the Mac?  I'm using Ruby 1.8.6, Swig 1.3.31 and
Subversion 1.4.3.  I've spent a good deal of this googling and such
but no one really fixes this that I've found.

Take care,

Jeremy

Re: Ruby Bindings on OSX

Posted by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com>.
galileo:~/dev/subversion_binary/sources/subversion-1.4.3 jwhitlock$
export RUBYLIB=/Users/jwhitlock/dev/subversion_binary/sources/subversion-1.4.3/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/:/Users/jwhitlock/dev/subversion_binary/sources/subversion-1.4.3/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/.libs/
galileo:~/dev/subversion_binary/sources/subversion-1.4.3 jwhitlock$
ruby -e 'require
"svn/core"'/Users/jwhitlock/dev/subversion_binary/sources/subversion-1.4.3/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/svn/error.rb:1:in
`require': no such file to load -- svn/ext/core (LoadError)
        from /Users/jwhitlock/dev/subversion_binary/sources/subversion-1.4.3/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/svn/error.rb:1
        from /Users/jwhitlock/dev/subversion_binary/sources/subversion-1.4.3/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/svn/core.rb:4:in
`require'
        from /Users/jwhitlock/dev/subversion_binary/sources/subversion-1.4.3/subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/svn/core.rb:4
        from -e:1:in `require'
        from -e:1

I have also tried the exact same thing above when I've ran "make
install-swig-rb", with different paths of course, but with the same
results.  Thanks for the idea but I've already tried it and the
problem is still occuring.

Take care,

Jeremy

Re: Ruby Bindings on OSX