Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Martin Balin <ma...@oracle.com> on 2021/05/27 07:19:19 UTC

Re: [External] : Re: NetBeans Language Server VSIX releases

Hi,

> On 26. 5. 2021, at 17:46, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 26 May 2021 at 15:04, Martin Balin <ma...@oracle.com> wrote:
>> What others think?
>> I believe this follows the general ASF projects practices and is aligned with NetBeans project benefits.
>
> Sounds good to me, but a quick thought / question from an
> infrastructure perspective - what's the branching strategy?  With 12.2
> there were VSCode update were added to the release122 branch, which
> might have conflicted had we had a need to push critical updates to
> the IDE.  I'm assuming this is not how this will be done?  Will this
> be builds directly off master?  Separate release branches?

For releases of VSIX done from master I would like to either
1. do no branches if it will be possible to get the stable build from it (simply to make it easier), Or
2. do a branch from master in a case there will be a need for extra fixes for some reason not present in master at that time.

If such VSIX release will be done from releaseXYZ branch at the time of no NetBeans IDE release then do a branch so release branch can be used in the future.

Martin

Re: October release of NetBeans Language Server VSIX - heads up

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
JDK17 based nb-javac would be great, but we cannot delay publishing .vsix
just because of that.
-jt

st 6. 10. 2021 v 14:01 odesílatel Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.