Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Santhosh M S <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2012/08/23 04:12:31 UTC

Apache Blogging guidelines

Hi There,

What is the policy on using the Apache Blogs for projects. In the Apache Pig user mailing list we had a discussion on reposting corporate blogs on the Apache Blog for Pig and then link it back to the original post.

We arrived at a consensus that it should be fine to repost the blog and link it back without mentioning the name of the corporation. An example is shown below. We wanted to check with you if this is fine.

E.g:

The following blog is a repost from [ URL here ]

Reposted contents

Thanks,

Santhosh

Re: Apache Blogging guidelines

Posted by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com>.
Sally, is it ok to include the name of the company that contributes
the post, in the title of the post? I want companies competing to
write the best docs, so recognizing them seems smart, as in PoweredBy
pages.

For example: Acme Co on Using Pig to Analyze Twister with Bloom Filters

Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Santhosh.

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.