Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mukul Gandhi <ga...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/14 18:29:08 UTC

[XML Schema 1.1] is it advisable to develop assertions support for complex types, now

Hi Xerces team,
   As you are aware that I am developing assertions support into
Xerces. The assertions support for simple types is complete from my
end (and pending for your review), except the XPath processing part.

Is it advisable to write assertions support for complex types at this
point? Because an issue is pending with XML Schema WG with this
subject,

"Problem in definition of <restriction> in
<complexType>::<simpleContent>". Where Sandy Gao has suggested some
changes in the grammar for <complexType>, which might change the
syntax of asserts in it. [1]

I have a feeling, that till this issue ([1]) is resolved, we (or, me)
should not implement assertions for complex types. Otherwise, later
quote a bit of code rewriting might be required.

I would appreciate your opinion on this issue.

Mukul Gandhi