Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Rebekah's Email <sm...@switchpoint.net> on 2001/07/22 01:04:29 UTC

Fault Code = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception: Fault String: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

greetings...

When I run this from the command line...
java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter list

...I get the following error:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

I get no errors when I run the admin script from the browser.  I have following the install instructions to the best of my understanding.  I have read that this error occurs when there is no JAXP compliant parser on the classpath, but I have Xerces1.2.3 (supposedly compliant) at the beginning of my classpath.  I have also tried Xerces1.4 to no avail.

I am confused that it appears to be work if I run from Tomcat http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter, as well as http://localhost:8080/soap/admin (as well as the supported functions from this page).

Thank for any suggestions.

RE: Fault Code = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception: Fault String: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Rebekah,

Please use the TcpTunnelGui tool, as described in the docs, to capture the
response from the server. Then post the captured response here. The
stack-trace is most likely being sent back in the Fault Details, which are
not being displayed on the command-line.

Thanks,
-Matt