Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Rob Vesse <ra...@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on 2011/03/01 12:25:12 UTC

Bug with CONSTRUCT/DESCRIBE in Fuseki

Hi all

I've found a what I think is a fairly serious issue with CONSTRUCT/DESCRIBE
queries with Fuseki

Essentially when issuing a CONSTRUCT/DESCRIBE Fuseki returns the correct
results but fails to send any Content-Type header with its response so
consuming clients have no idea what format Fuseki has sent the response in.
At first I thought this may have been due to the resulting graph being empty
but this happens regardless of whether the result graph is empty or not.

An example HTTP trace from my app is included below:

# HTTP DEBUGGING #

HTTP Request to http://localhost:3030/dataset/query?query=DESCRIBE
<http://example.org/vehicles/FordFiesta>

GET

Accept:application/rdf+xml,text/xml,text/plain,application/x-ntriples,text/t
urtle,application/x-turtle,application/turtle,text/n3,text/rdf+n3,applicatio
n/sparql-results+xml,application/sparql-results+json,application/json,text/j
son,text/html,application/xhtml+xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8

HTTP Response from http://localhost:3030/dataset/query?query=DESCRIBE
<http://example.org/vehicles/FordFiesta>

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Access-Control-Allow-Origin:*

Transfer-Encoding:chunked

Server:Fuseki (0.1.0)

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<rdf:RDF

    xmlns:j.0="http://example.org/vehicles/" >

  <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/vehicles/FordFiesta">

    <j.0:Speed
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer">140</j.0:Speed>

    <j.0:PassengerCapacity
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer">5</j.0:PassengerCapa
city>

    <j.0:LimitedSpeed
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer">120</j.0:LimitedSpee
d>

    <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://example.org/vehicles/Car"/>

  </rdf:Description>

</rdf:RDF>

# END HTTP DEBUGGING #

Note the lack of a Content-Type header.

Regards

Rob Vesse

Re: Bug with CONSTRUCT/DESCRIBE in Fuseki

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@epimorphics.com>.

On 01/03/11 11:25, Rob Vesse wrote:
> Hi all
>

> I've found a what I think is a fairly serious issue with CONSTRUCT/DESCRIBE
> queries with Fuseki

Fixed in SVN - thanks.

	Andy