Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2008/03/31 19:46:42 UTC

Re: Another question about torque-security-impl

(Copying to Torque-User as this is actually a Torque question)

Andrey Larionov wrote:
> When this module compiles name of target database is unknown and
> BaseTurbineUserPeer.DATABASE_NAME is empty.
> And setDbName method sets criteria DB to "", even if it contains correct DB.
> What should i do to resolve this problem?

The database name in Torque is just a placeholder for the connection
pool which is associated with the actual database via Torque.properties.
So any (abstract) name will do as long as you re-use it in your Torque
configuration. When creating the OM-classes, "default" may be a good
choice as it allows you to map one of your connection pools as default.

Bye, Thomas.

Re: Another question about torque-security-impl

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Andrey Larionov wrote:
> You want to tell what I need  to rebuild torque-security-impl for
> every turbine installation for every different database?

Actually I wanted to tell you the exact opposite of that. Just give your
database schema some arbitrary name and you can configure the connection
pool in Torque accordingly.

Bye, Thomas.

Re: Another question about torque-security-impl

Posted by Andrey Larionov <an...@gmail.com>.
You want to tell what I need  to rebuild torque-security-impl for
every turbine installation for every different database?
In Peer class setDbName sets criteria database name property to ""
(PeerProperty DATABASE_NAME is "" after OM generation), because
criteria database name property equals Turbine default database name.
Why i should rebuild library which is part of turbine, why not to
place "default" by default?

Posted by Andrey Larionov <an...@gmail.com>.
Already done, but when i traced (under debuger) i found what "default"
dosen't have adapter, and it's doesn't equal scarab database. I cant
lose time on this issue anymore. Maybe later i return to this
question.

Thomas, Can you answer on my last letter in mailing list about
security implmentation?

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <th...@tewisoft.de>.

Posted by Andrey Larionov <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrey Larionov <an...@gmail.com>.