Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Narayan, Shashank" <sn...@exchange.stk.com> on 2000/07/28 17:33:54 UTC

Parsing a single character at a time.

Folks:
       I am working on an applications where the input for the parser needs
to come from memory rather than a  physical file URI. This app is capable of
feeding the parser one character at a time (or maybe a fixed length of
characters at a time). I figure I need to use the MemBufInputSource as my
InputSource for the parser. I have the following questions:

1.  Is it even possible to have the parser parse based on a single character
feed at a time ?
2. If so, how do I do it ? I don't understand how to make it work using the
parser.parseFirst(buf, token) and parser.parseNext(token).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-shashank.

Shashank Narayan
Analytical Graphics, Inc.
http://www.stk.com

Re: Parsing a single character at a time.

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
You couldn't reasaonbly use any existing input source. You'd have to do your
own input source and input stream. Even then I wouldn't think it would work
too great. You'd really want to gather up some amount of characters and then
present them to the parser.

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"You young, and you gotcha health. Whatchoo wanna job fer?"