Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glenn Brand <gb...@odprofessional.com> on 2008/01/02 18:58:31 UTC

Image rendering at position problem

Hi,

I am trying to place a graphic (customer logo) to the right of a table
at the top of a patient walk out statement of account.

When I put the graphic on the style sheet editor (stylus studio2008) it
looks correct but when it gets published as XSL-FO and then rendered it
is placed underneath the table.

How can I get it to go to the right of the table?

                                    <fo:table width="225pt"
border-style="none" border-width="0pt" background-repeat="repeat">
                                        <fo:table-column
column-width="225pt"/>
                                        <fo:table-body>
                                            <fo:table-row>
                                                <fo:table-cell
border-style="none" border-width="2pt" background-repeat="no-repeat"
display-align="center">
                                                    <fo:block>
                                                        <fo:block>
                                                            <fo:inline
font-family="Arial" font-weight="bold">

<xsl:value-of
select="/Recordset[1]/spPatientStatement[1]/Location_BusinessName[1]"/>
                                                            </fo:inline>
                                                        </fo:block>
                                                    </fo:block>
                                                </fo:table-cell>
                                            </fo:table-row>
                                            <fo:table-row>
                                                <fo:table-cell
border-style="none" border-width="2pt" background-repeat="repeat"
display-align="center">
                                                    <fo:block>
                                                        <fo:block>
                                                            <fo:inline
font-family="Arial" font-weight="bold">

<xsl:value-of
select="/Recordset[1]/spPatientStatement[1]/Location_Address[1]"/>
                                                            </fo:inline>
                                                        </fo:block>
                                                    </fo:block>
                                                </fo:table-cell>
                                            </fo:table-row>
                                            <fo:table-row>
                                                <fo:table-cell
border-style="none" border-width="2pt" background-repeat="repeat"
display-align="center">
                                                    <fo:block>
                                                        <fo:block>
                                                            <fo:inline
font-family="Arial" font-weight="bold">

<xsl:value-of
select="/Recordset[1]/spPatientStatement[1]/Location_City[1]"/>,

<xsl:value-of
select="/Recordset[1]/spPatientStatement[1]/Location_State"/>
                                                            </fo:inline>
                                                        </fo:block>
                                                    </fo:block>
                                                </fo:table-cell>
                                            </fo:table-row>
                                            <fo:table-row>
                                                <fo:table-cell
border-style="none" border-width="2pt" background-repeat="repeat"
display-align="center">
                                                    <fo:block>
                                                        <fo:block>
                                                            <fo:inline
font-family="Arial" font-weight="bold">

<xsl:value-of
select="/Recordset[1]/spPatientStatement[1]/Location_PostalZip[1]"/>
                                                            </fo:inline>
                                                        </fo:block>
                                                    </fo:block>
                                                </fo:table-cell>
                                            </fo:table-row>
                                            <fo:table-row>
                                                <fo:table-cell
border-style="none" border-width="2pt" background-repeat="repeat"
display-align="center">
                                                    <fo:block>
                                                        <fo:block>
                                                            <fo:inline
font-family="Arial" font-weight="bold">

<xsl:value-of
select="/Recordset[1]/spPatientStatement[1]/Location_Website[1]"/>
                                                            </fo:inline>
                                                        </fo:block>
                                                    </fo:block>
                                                </fo:table-cell>
                                            </fo:table-row>
                                            <fo:table-row>
                                                <fo:table-cell
border-style="none" border-width="2pt" background-repeat="repeat"
display-align="center">
                                                    <fo:block/>
                                                </fo:table-cell>
                                            </fo:table-row>
                                            <fo:table-row>
                                                <fo:table-cell
border-style="none" border-width="2pt" background-repeat="repeat"
display-align="center">
                                                    <fo:block>
                                                        <fo:block>
                                                            <fo:inline
font-family="Arial" font-weight="bold">

<xsl:value-of select="concat('Phone
',/Recordset[1]/spPatientStatement[1]/Location_Phone[1])"/>
                                                            </fo:inline>
                                                        </fo:block>
                                                    </fo:block>
                                                </fo:table-cell>
                                            </fo:table-row>
                                            <fo:table-row>
                                                <fo:table-cell
border-style="none" border-width="2pt" background-repeat="repeat"
display-align="center">
                                                    <fo:block>
                                                        <fo:block>
                                                            <fo:inline
font-family="Arial" font-weight="bold">

<xsl:value-of select="concat('Fax
',/Recordset[1]/spPatientStatement[1]/Location_Fax[1])"/>
                                                            </fo:inline>
                                                        </fo:block>
                                                    </fo:block>
                                                </fo:table-cell>
                                            </fo:table-row>
                                            <fo:table-row>
                                                <fo:table-cell
border-style="none" border-width="2pt" background-repeat="repeat"
display-align="center">
                                                    <fo:block>
                                                        <fo:block>
                                                            <xsl:text>
</xsl:text>
                                                        </fo:block>
                                                    </fo:block>
                                                </fo:table-cell>
                                            </fo:table-row>
                                        </fo:table-body>
                                    </fo:table>
                                    <fo:external-graphic
background="transparent" width="200pt" height="200pt"
src="url(file:///c:/CacheSys/CSP/qacahaba/ODprofessional_logo.gif)"/
<file:///c:\CacheSys\CSP\qacahaba\ODprofessional_logo.gif)%22\> >

RE: Image rendering at higher DPI

Posted by Glenn Brand <gb...@odprofessional.com>.
That worked great.
The next problem is that the resolution is quite low both colors and
DPI.
What do you suggest?

On Jan 2, 2008, at 18:58, Glenn Brand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to place a graphic (customer logo) to the right of a
> table at the top of a patient walk out statement of account.
> When I put the graphic on the style sheet editor (stylus
> studio2008) it looks correct but when it gets published as XSL-FO
> and then rendered it is placed underneath the table.
> How can I get it to go to the right of the table?
>
> <fo:table width="225pt" border-style="none" border-width="0pt"
> background-repeat="repeat">
> <snip />
> </fo:table>
> <fo:external-graphic background="transparent" width="200pt"
> height="200pt"src="url(file:///c:/CacheSys/CSP/qacahaba/
> ODprofessional_logo.gif)"/>

Correct: a fo:table is a block-level formatting object, and as such
triggers implicit line-breaks before and after.

To do what you have in mind --keep a table on the same line as a
following sibling inline-level FO, like external-graphic-- I think
you would need support for either fo:float or fo:inline-container.
Neither of these are implemented in FOP at the moment.

As a workaround, you could try nesting tables (or put the external-
graphic in its own last column in a cell that spans all rows).

HTH!

Cheers

Andreas

Re: Image rendering at position problem