Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Elias Levy <fe...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/02 22:32:10 UTC

Scala case class state evolution

Currently it is impossible to evolve a Scala case class by adding a new
field to it that is stored as managed state using the default Flink
serializer and restore a the job from a savepoint created using the
previous version of the class, correct?

Re: Scala case class state evolution

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
I know that Gordon (in CC) has looked closer into this problem.
He should be able to share restrictions and maybe even workarounds.

Best, Fabian

Posted by Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Elias,

From my understanding, you can't do this since the state will no longer be