Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Sergio Kef <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/02 22:44:04 UTC

Re: Proposal: Restructure slack

Hi again,
After some research on other communities and based on the comments above I
restructure my proposal:

Slack Channels:
* announcements (as is)
    - new releases
    - community announcements
* general
    - events (meetings, webinars, conferences, etc)
    - material (tutorials, blog posts, etc)
* contribute
    - call for help on bugs/fixes/PRs

Mailing Lists:
* dev@
    - For community discussions on maintenance / contributions / development
* users@
    - For community questions on usage / best practices / common pitfalls,
etc

Stackoverflow:
- There are already some tags there and we can create new if we believe it
would help organize stuff.

How could we reach a broader consensus on this?
I think it's important to embrace this, because there are already tickets
with attached links for slack discussions.

S.