Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com> on 2019/08/14 19:59:39 UTC

Time for a release? Call for release engineers...

Hi all,

I think we're close/ready to run another release of MetaModel. I have been
facilitating the release engineering process for a very long time and would
like to ask if someone else would like to do/try it? I will happily help
out and assist, but I think it would be great if someone else goes through
the process too. I think it will be good for us to have more people capable
of doing the release engineering work. It's mostly about setting up
signatures and stuff like that. Again, I can help via chat etc. to go
through the hurdles.

Here are the WIP things based on the current CHANGES.md document:

   - [METAMODEL-1217] - Fixes dropping JDBC Tables with view as TableType
   - [METAMODEL-1215] - Removed deprecated code from pre-Java 8 times.
   - [METAMODEL-1214] - CompositeDataContext uses wrappedSchema for
   comparison when searching for it in the cache.
   - [METAMODEL-1213] - Fixed concurrency bug in single-line CSV parallel
   reader.
   - [METAMODEL-1211] - Fixed bug of getting all SelectItems when
   performing nested loop joins.
   - [METAMODEL-1151] - Created DataContextFactory implementations for each
   remaining module.
   - Improved HBase query building by scanning columns instead of column
   families.

Best regards,
Kasper