Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Sean Qi <se...@showiz.com> on 2002/11/13 19:58:51 UTC

default-servlet and recursive content structure -- a bug?

Hi, all,

The following is what happened to me when I played around with Slide.

1.  I deployed slide.war in Tomcat 4.1 on W2K Professional.
2.  Configured domain.xml so that it uses Microsoft SQL for "nodestore" and
"Slidestore.reference.FileContentStore" for the contentstore.
3.  Enabled user authentication at Tomcat level.  Added "root" to
tomcat-users.xml.
4.  Started Tomcat
5.  Started the client by running "run.bat"
6.  Connected to http://localhost:port/slide, login as "root"
7.  Conntection established.
8.  Do a "ls", and the following directories are shown:
"workspace  workingresources  files   history  actions  users"
9.  "cd files"
10.  "ls" and it showed there was nothing there.
11.  "exit"
12.  Shut down tomcat.

So far so good.  However, "weird" things happened after the following steps.
1.  Change the value of "default-servlet" to "false" in web.xml.  Nothing
else was modified in web.xml.
2.  Started Tomcat.
3.  Started the client by running "run.bat"
4.  Connected to http://localhost:port/slide, login as "root"
5.  Conntection established.
6.  Do a "ls", and the following directories are shown:
"workspace  workingresources  files   history  actions  users"
7.  "cd files"
8.  "ls" and the following showed up:
 [LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $ workspace  workingresources  files   history
actions  users
9. "cd files" again and "ls"
10.  The following showed up:
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/files/ $ workspace  workingresources  files
history  actions  users
11.  It seemed this process could go forever.
12. After FOUR "cd files" and "ls", I had the following on my screen:
[LOCALHOST] /slide/files/files/files/files/ $ workspace  workingresources
files   history  actions  users

Once I restored the value of "default-servlet" to "true" in web.xml, it ran
back to normal.

1.  Is this a bug? Or I need to something else whenever I set the value of
"default-servlet" to "false".
2.  Could someone please explain to me why this is happening?

Thanks a lot.

Sean Q.