Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Arjan Verstoep <ar...@geotax.nl> on 2005/11/03 14:15:51 UTC

How to get the http post-request in a service?

Hi,

I'm using Tapestry4 beta11. In my application, I have a flash-component
on one of my pages. The flash-object calls some server-process, and the
server-process calls my tapestry application.

Now, I have a IEngineService which is called by the external
server-process. All fine. The problem that I have is that the
server-process attaches an XML-message as a post-request. In my public
void service(IRequestCycle cycle) { } -routine I get a cycle-object, but
that object only has a getParameter()-method. I don't want to extract a
parameter, I want to get the whole xml-message.

At the moment I use:
        String xml = "<?xml version="+cycle.getParameter("<?xml version");

This kinda works, but only if the xml has no '='-characters in it.

What is the right way to get the xml-message from the http post-request?

~ Arjan Verstoep