Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2015/01/26 18:17:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Taglibs 1.2.2

The proposed Apache Taglibs 1.2.2 release is now available for voting.

It can be obtained from:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/taglibs/taglibs-standard-1.2.2/

The Maven staging repo is:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1032/

The SVN tag is:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/taglibs/standard/tags/taglibs-standard-1.2.2/

The proposed 1.2.2 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.2 Stable

Thanks
Jeremy

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Taglibs 1.2.2

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

>>> Tested (taglibs-standard-spec-1.2.2.jar +
>>> taglibs-standard-impl-1.2.2.jar) on my web applications.
>>>

>> Unfortunately I have to change the above to
>> [x] Broken - do not release
>>

>> My tests were on Java 7 and later.
>>
>> The library breaks when running on Java 5.
>> E.g. Tomcat 6 + JDK 5u20 + Tomcat examples webapp.
>>
>> I am looking for a fix.
>> For starters, the project has a compilation failure under Java 5 in a
>> test class.
>>
>> XPathFactory.newInstance(String, String, ClassLoader) method used in
>> ForEachTagTest is @since Java 1.6.
>
> I’m canceling this vote due to regressions seen on older JREs.

The issues have been fixed. I think it is OK to go.

I verified that it works in Tomcat 6 + Java 5u20.

The standard-test project also builds successfully.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Taglibs 1.2.2

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

>> Here comes my vote:
>>
>>> The proposed 1.2.2 release is:
>>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [x] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.2 Stable
>>

>> Tested (taglibs-standard-spec-1.2.2.jar +
>> taglibs-standard-impl-1.2.2.jar) on my web applications.
>>

> Unfortunately I have to change the above to
> [x] Broken - do not release
>

> My tests were on Java 7 and later.
>
> The library breaks when running on Java 5.
> E.g. Tomcat 6 + JDK 5u20 + Tomcat examples webapp.
>
> I am looking for a fix.
> For starters, the project has a compilation failure under Java 5 in a
> test class.
>
> XPathFactory.newInstance(String, String, ClassLoader) method used in
> ForEachTagTest is @since Java 1.6.

I’m canceling this vote due to regressions seen on older JREs.

Cheers
Jeremy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Taglibs 1.2.2

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Ping ?

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@boynes.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
On Jan 26, 2015, at 9:17 AM, Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> wrote:

> The proposed 1.2.2 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.2 Stable

JSTL TCK passed in the following environment:
Mac OSX 10.10.1
Java 1.7.0_75
Apache Tomcat 7.0.57
Apache Xalan 2.7.1

with the following configurations:
-jstlel jar, in webapp, no security manager
-jstlel jar, in webapp, with security manager
-jstlel jar, in container, with security manager
-compat jar, in container, with security manager