Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Thomas Kessler <tk...@bea.com> on 2005/10/21 15:02:50 UTC

Bugs Fixed in HttpSampler2 Version 2.1.1

Hi there!

Last week we were testing some large applications at Deutsche Bank using Jmeter Scripts. We were using HTTPSampler2 to sample requests. All applications were available using HTTPS only.

We found following issues:
  * for each HTTPSampler for each thread there was opened one Socket Connection, instead of using one
     socket connection for all HTTPSamplers in a thread
  * Cookies were not delivered the correct way

I've made a quick an dirty patch for that issues, please find attached the modified class HTTPSampler2.java.

Please drop me a message if there are any questions about my patch...

Thankx...

Thomas Keßler

Re: Bugs Fixed in HttpSampler2 Version 2.1.1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21/10/05, Thomas Kessler <tk...@bea.com> wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Last week we were testing some large applications at Deutsche Bank using Jmeter Scripts. We were using HTTPSampler2 to sample requests. All applications were available using HTTPS only.
>
> We found following issues:
>  * for each HTTPSampler for each thread there was opened one Socket Connection, instead of using one

True. I'd forgotten that had yet to be implemented.

>     socket connection for all HTTPSamplers in a thread
>  * Cookies were not delivered the correct way

What was the problem with the cookies?

> I've made a quick an dirty patch for that issues, please find attached the modified class HTTPSampler2.java.

In future we'd prefer these as attachments to a Bugzilla issue please
- makes it easier to keep track of them, and does not overload the
mailing list.

> Please drop me a message if there are any questions about my patch...
>
> Thankx...

Thanks to you.