Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by ni...@yahoo.com.INVALID on 2017/01/30 20:53:18 UTC

Connection based on Request Hostname

I had started a thread about this a while back (on the user list, I think), but basically I'm interested in implementing a way to map the hostname accessed by the client through to a specific connection.  I've done a rudimentary implementation of it so far using an authentication module to examine the HttpServletRequest.getRequestURL() parameter and, using the host part of that URL, choose a connection.
I've done a rudimentary implementation of the module that uses an XML file, similar to the built-in file-based authentication, that creates connections associated with FQDNs (instead of usernames and passwords).  When I initially implemented the module, I didn't do anything to check if a username was present, which resulted in an immediate connection as soon as the correct FQDN was accessed, regardless of whether the user had logged in or not.  I added some code that checks to see if a username is set and returns null, if not, and that solves the problem of not getting logged in...but, instead of immediately getting connected to the specified server, it just results in another connection available on the user's home screen.
I'm wondering how to go about setting up this module such that it is stacked on top of other authentication modules (and username/password authentication is still required), but that if one of the FQDNs specified in the file (or perhaps in a DB later) is accessed it will immediately start a connection rather than going to the home screen?  I'm guessing this logic is on the AngularJS side and not in the servlet code, but am having a hard time figuring this one out.
Any pointers on where I should implement this part of the module - redirecting immediately to a specific connection?
Thanks,Nick