Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by David Jacot <da...@apache.org> on 2021/11/02 12:45:34 UTC

New release branch 3.1.0

Hello Kafka developers and friends,

As promised, we now have a release branch for the 3.1.0
release. The branch is "3.1" (https://github.com/apache/kafka/tree/3.1).

Trunk has been bumped to 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT.

I'll be going over the JIRAs to move every non-blocker from
this release to the next release.

From this point, most changes should go to trunk.
Blockers (existing and new that we discover while testing
the release) will be double-committed.

Please discuss with your reviewer whether your PR should
go to trunk or to trunk+release so they can merge accordingly.

Please help us ensure a high-quality release by focusing
heavily on testing and resolving failures.

Thanks!

David