Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Daniel Gladstone <dg...@hotmail.com> on 2009/10/29 18:37:30 UTC

[users@httpd] Second request - help with Apache Server Set-up issue for new user

I just downloaded the software and when in and config by httpd.conf file

LoadModule php5_module "c:/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
AddType application /x-httpd-php .php
PHPIniDir "C:/PHP"

when I tried to restart, I get an error message:

Syntax error on line 489 of
C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf:
Only first PHPINIDir directive honored per configuration tree - subsequent ones
ignored

I can only find one what am I doing wrong

Daniel Gladstone
Email: dgeehot@hotmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] Second request - help with Apache Server Set-up issue for new user

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Daniel Gladstone wrote:
> I just downloaded the software and when in and config by httpd.conf file
>
> LoadModule php5_module "c:/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
> AddType application /x-httpd-php .php
> PHPIniDir "C:/PHP"
>
> when I tried to restart, I get an error message:
>
> Syntax error on line 489 of
> C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Only first PHPINIDir directive honored per configuration tree - subsequent ones
> ignored
>
> I can only find one what am I doing wrong

Hi.
Have a look at this documentation page from the official Apache website :
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/
That is the list of all the standard modules supplied with Apache.
As you can see, there is no PHP module in that list.
So, the PHP dll which you mention above is not a standard part of
Apache. It seems to be part of some distribution of Apache, but not of
the standard distribution.

So presumably, when you write "I just downloaded the software", it was
not from the Apache website, but from somewhere else.
(But you do not tell us from where).
And it was not just Apache, but a package that included Apache, but also
other things, like PHP evidently, but maybe also some application.
That package problably also includes its own configuration files, or
maybe modified Apache configuration files.

Then, if you look at this page :
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/directives.html
you will see a list of all the configuration directives which Apache
knows.  As you can also see, PHPIniDir is not one of them.

The explanation is : when Apache processes a configuration file and it
encounters a configuration directive which itself does not know, it
passes it to the additional loaded modules (like the PHP dll above), to
see if they recognise it and can handle it.
If a module recognises it, as in this case the PHP dll does for the
PHPIniDir directive, it is the module which analyses the configuration
line and returns maybe error messages. In this case, the error message
that you see in the log is not coming from Apache, but from
c:/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll.

The point of all the above is to tell you that the reason why you are
maybe not getting answers here, is maybe because nobody on this Apache
help forum knows the answer.  Maybe there is an error in your
configuration, maybe not; maybe it is a bug of the PHP dll.  We can only
guess however, because we do not know what your configuration files look
like, or what this module expects.

Maybe you should have a second look at the website from which you
downloaded the package that contains Apache, and see if they mention
some specific and more focused help forum for that add-on module.

As someone else already told you here, the error message is probably
correct, and seems to tell you that on line 489 of httpd.conf, it finds
a PHPIniDir directive, but it is not the first one that it finds.  So
there must be another one, either in httpd.conf itself, or in another
file mentioned in httpd.conf, in a line like
Include filename
Those files also count.

RE: [users@httpd] Second request - help with Apache Server Set-up issue for new user

Posted by Daniel Gladstone <dg...@hotmail.com>.
I am sorry, did not get first message. I scanned for a second line to no avaal. And Apache does not startup

Posted by Lester Caine <le...@lsces.co.uk>.

EnquirySolve - http://enquirysolve.com/