Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Rupanu Ranjaneswar <ru...@yahoo.com> on 2009/07/24 10:56:33 UTC

How to create DOMDocument from XML string.

Hi , I was able to resolve the previous issue searching in the mail archieves.However UTF-16 to UTF-8 transcoding doesn't seem to be working.
I have a XMl string  (whole content of an XML file), please tell me how do i create a DOMDocument out of it. parse function of XercesDOMParser doesn't seem to be parsing an XML string..

regards rupanu.

RE: How to create DOMDocument from XML string.

Posted by Rupanu Ranjaneswar <ru...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks very much for your response.I found another way of doing it and it works well..
DOMLSInput* input = pImplement->createLSInput();input->setStringData(str);DOMLSParser *domparser = pImplement->createLSParser(DOMImplementationLS::MODE_SYNCHRONOUS, 0);	DOMDocument* domdoc = domparser->parse(input);
///////////////////////////
// Adapt buffer to a form that can be read by the parser.
XN::MemBufInputSource inputSource(
    (const XMLByte *)str,
    (int)strlen(str),
    "system"        // fake "system ID"
);
parser.parse(inputSource);
doc = parser.adoptDocument();

Posted by Rupanu Ranjaneswar <ru...@yahoo.com>.
For encoding issue this is what i did..
DOMLSOutput* output = pImplement->createLSOutput();	output->setEncoding(L"UTF-8");XMLFormatTarget* pTarget = new LocalFileFormatTarget("DOMString1.xml");	output->setByteStream(pTarget);	pSerializer->write(pDOMDocument,output);
thanks & regardsrupanu
See the MemParse example for an example on how to parse an XML string, and DOMPrint to see how to force a specific encoding when saving to a file.

Alberto

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.