Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robert Curlee <rc...@ucsd.edu> on 2000/04/14 23:30:23 UTC

how to make static pages with cocoon?

Hi,

We have been exclusively using Cocoon to generate dynamic pages for a
couple of weeks now.  Every once in a while (1 in 20 hits or so) Cocoon
returns an error page.  I can't figure out what the problem is.  We have
tried to up the memory for Java, but this only helped a little.  We've
decided to have Cocoon generate static web pages as a temporary work
around because there is a need to make the site more stable.

It appears Cocoon will not generate a static web tree on its own.  What
is the best tool which works with Cocoon to create static html pages?

--
Robert Curlee                           CAIDA, 0505
Vis/Sim Programmer                      SD Supercomputer Center

Re: how to make static pages with cocoon?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Robert Curlee wrote:

> We have been exclusively using Cocoon to generate dynamic pages for a
> couple of weeks now.  Every once in a while (1 in 20 hits or so) Cocoon
> returns an error page.  I can't figure out what the problem is.  We have
> tried to up the memory for Java, but this only helped a little.  We've
> decided to have Cocoon generate static web pages as a temporary work
> around because there is a need to make the site more stable.

what does your servlet engine's error log have to say? what jvm are you
using? this isn't cool and should be addressed.

- donald