Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by osishkin osishkin <os...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/10 21:28:45 UTC

Commit log durability per column family

I require durability for inserts to my column families so I'm using
batch mode to insert data.
However, I have some column families which I use for less important
data (indexes) which are much more write intensive.
If I could change the commit log setting only for them to periodic
instead of batch, it would improve performance for me, without losing
too much guarantees.

Is that even possible?
I'm using Cassandra 0.7 (and yes, I know it's bad, I will upgrade soon)

Thank you

Re: Commit log durability per column family

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
It's not possible and it's not possible to make the change.

A write to the same key in multiple CF's is written as a single log record. So it's not possible for difference CF's to use different strategies.

The closest thing is the durable_writes KS property which turns off the commit log for the KS.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton