Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Aarthi Prabhu <ap...@hotmail.com> on 2011/06/19 21:17:21 UTC

binding.ws problems in tuscany

this is the structure of my composite file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><sca:composite xmlns:sca="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0" name="maths" targetNamespace="http://eclipse.org/sca_maths/src/maths">
<sca:component name="MathServiceComponent">
<sca:implementation.java class="maths.MathServiceImpl"/>
<sca:service name="MathService">
<sca:binding.ws uri="http://aarthi_unsw_pc:8081/MathService"/>
</sca:service>
</sca:component>
</sca:composite>

I am using tuscany 1.6.2 and running the above example on Eclipse helios.   The binding.ws does not seem to use the specified port number 8081 and always uses port 8080.  Hence, when I run more than one composite, I receive
error:
SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080

I have the same problem, starting the node using the domain manager.  Even though I specify a node uri of http://localhost:8081,  tuscany runtime always defaults to 8080.  How can I override the default port number ?

Thanks,
Aarthi

Re: binding.ws problems in tuscany

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
Aarthi Prabhu wrote:
> this is the structure of my composite file:
>

> <?_xml_ version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><sca:composite
> xmlns:sca="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0" name="_maths_"
> targetNamespace="http://eclipse.org/sca_maths/src/maths">
>
> <sca:component name="MathServiceComponent">
>
> <sca:implementation.java class="maths.MathServiceImpl"/>
>
> <sca:service name="MathService">
>
> <sca:binding.ws _uri_="http://aarthi_unsw_pc:8081/MathService"/>
>
> _</sca:service>_
>
> _</sca:component>_
>
> </sca:composite>
>
> I am using tuscany 1.6.2 and running the above example on Eclipse
> helios.   The binding.ws does not seem to use the specified port number
> 8081 and always uses port 8080.  Hence, when I run more than one
> composite, I receive
> error:
>
> SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
>
> _ java.net.BindException_: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
>
> I have the same problem, starting the node using the domain manager.
> Even though I specify a node uri of http://localhost:8081,  tuscany
> runtime always defaults to 8080.  How can I override the default port
> number ?
>
> Thanks,
> Aarthi

For the first problem (not the domain manager case), what exactly are
you doing when you build and run the application on Eclipse Helios?

I think it's best to focus on solving that problem first, as there's a
good chance that the solution will fix the domain manager problem as well.

If you could zip up your Eclipse project and attach it, that would be
useful for investigating the problem.

   Simon