Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by evi <ev...@evi.pri.ee> on 2007/02/04 18:19:20 UTC

RE: JetExpress running error, tutorial

What I do not understand is how to handle installation with embedded
Derby... As in there are no demands for prerequisite Derbu installation I
presume that when working with embedded database there is no need to install
it, it will be done by Jetspeed while generating portal. Or am I wrong? If I
have to install and run Derby before getting Jetexpress up and running,
where do I find appropriate advise?

I have tried both Jetspeed 2 installation from source and Jetspeed tutorial
installation advise of JetExpress installation but get permanently stuck
with running the portal (building with Maven2 shows success as well as
generating and deploying the application). But until now I have not been
able to run the portal...

I tried to copiy "derby-10.1.1.0.jar" to
C:/JetspeedTraining/tomcat-express/server/lib and set it as driver path. It
does not work....

My Derby settings are following:

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path>C:/JetspeedTraining/tomcat
-express/server/lib</org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path>

                optionally I tried the original:
<org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path></org.apache.jetspeed.prod
uction.jdbc.drivers.path>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name>derby</org.apache.jets
peed.production.database.default.name>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url>jdbc:derby:C:/JetspeedTraining/
database/jetexpress</org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver>org.apache.derby.jdbc.Embedd
edDriver</org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user></org.apache.jetspeed.producti
on.database.user>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password></org.apache.jetspeed.prod
uction.database.password>

Please help me over the problem I have been dealing with several weeks
now:-(

Evi

Posted by evi <ev...@evi.pri.ee>.
Thanks, Philip, but I still do not get it working:-(

>>This is the error. It should be,

>><org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path>C:/JetspeedTraining/tomc
at
>>-express/shared/lib/derby-10.1.1.0.jar</org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdb
c.drivers.path>

>>>A java path is composed of directories only if the contents are classes.
Otherwise the full jar path must be present.

My Derby settings are now:

              <!-- Derby embedded database properties -->

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path>C:/JetspeedTraining/tomcat
-express/shared/lib/derby-10.1.1.0.jar</org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.
drivers.path>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name>derby</org.apache.jets
peed.production.database.default.name>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url>jdbc:derby:C:/JetspeedTraining/
database/jetexpress</org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver>org.apache.derby.jdbc.Embedd
edDriver</org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user></org.apache.jetspeed.producti
on.database.user>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password></org.apache.jetspeed.prod
uction.database.password>

While grenerating the portal from archetype, I get a huge pile of warnings
and an error but build is succesful.

[INFO] Using following parameters for creating Archetype:
portal-archetype:2.1-dev
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Parameter: groupId, Value: org.apache.portals.tutorials
[INFO] Parameter: packageName, Value: org.apache.portals.tutorials
[INFO] Parameter: basedir, Value: C:\JetspeedTraining\workspace
[INFO] Parameter: package, Value: org.apache.portals.tutorials
[INFO] Parameter: version, Value: 1.0
[INFO] Parameter: artifactId, Value: jetexpress

"...[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
in any resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template VM_global_library.vm :
org .apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'VM_global_library.vm' ..."

"...[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference :template = archetype-resources/etc/dbpsml/build.xml [line
202,column 34] : ${hsqldb.version} is not a valid reference....

Next, I build and deploy jetexpress (mvn -P tomcat,min).

I get a warning:

[WARN] PlatformFactory - problems with platform
org.apache.torque.engine.platform.PlatformDerbyImpl:
org.apache.torque.engine.platform.PlatformDerbyImpl
[WARN] PlatformFactory - Torque will use PlatformDefaultImpl instead

And I get an error (it seems that with these settings the directory
"jetexpress" to C:/JetspeedTraining/database is not created):

     [java]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.serializer.JetspeedSerializerApplication.main(JetspeedSe
rializerApplication.java:340)
     [java] ERROR:
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent - Unable
to start DBCPCDatasourceComponent: SQL Exception: Database
'/JetspeedTraining/database/jetexpress' not found.
     [java] SQL Exception: Database '/JetspeedTraining/database/jetexpress'
not
found.
     [java]     at
org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(UnknownSource)

Build itself is successful, but the portal cannot be accessed (root cause:
org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException: Jetspeed Initialization
exception!) :-(

I have made everything exactly as advised in JetExpress tutorial and have
googled for help for weeks now, but do not understand where I make the
mistake. I attach my settings.xml file to this e-mail hoping that somebody
could advise where to look further...

Evi

Philip

>                 optionally I tried the original:
> <org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path></org.apache.jetspee
> d.prod
> uction.jdbc.drivers.path>
>

> <org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name>derby</org.apach
> e.jets peed.production.database.default.name>
>
> <org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url>jdbc:derby:C:/JetspeedTra
> ining/
> database/jetexpress</org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url>
>
> <org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver>org.apache.derby.jdbc.
> Embedd edDriver</org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver>
>
> <org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user></org.apache.jetspeed.pr
> oducti
> on.database.user>
>
> <org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password></org.apache.jetspee
> d.prod
> uction.database.password>
>
> Please help me over the problem I have been dealing with several weeks
> now:-(
>
> Evi

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy