Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by oleksa borodie <ol...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/21 12:09:02 UTC

Where is binary files should be placed?

Hello.

 Help me please I'm new with subversion. Where is binary files should
be placed? I mean where is build output directory should be? Is there
any common practice? I'm using MS Visual Studio.

 I could place it inside project directory
project1/bin
project1/obj
 and ignore with global-ignores option inside configuration file. On
the each developer computer this file should be edited - someone could
forget edit it.
 I could move it out of the project folder
output/project1/
project1/
but what if I will need add some files from bin folder?

 Could you give me advice please?

Thank you.

Re: Where is binary files should be placed?

Posted by Marcus Rohrmoser <mr...@gmx-gmbh.de>.
I think only things hard to create (e.g. source code that is manually edited) should go into version
control. Everything else (compile/build output, generated docs etc.) shouldn't be in the repository
at all.

Hope this helps,