Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Jean-Luc Meunier <je...@xrce.xerox.com> on 2002/03/19 11:48:07 UTC

Pb with reloadable despite correct server.xml

Hi,

I saw several messages explaining how the 'reloadable' attribute allows
you to control whether or not the app class files are automatically
re-loaded upon change.

However, it doesn't seem to work in my case.  (On Linux 2.4.7-10, TomCat
4.0.2)

I have this in /home/meunier/dev/tomcat4/conf/server.xml
        <Context path="/manager" docBase="manager"
         debug="0" privileged="true"/>

        <Context path="/soap" docBase="soap" debug="1"
         reloadable="true">
                     prefix="localhost_webapps_log." suffix=".log"
              timestamp="true"/>
        </Context>

But when my .class files do change, they aren't re-loaded. I must
stop/restart TomCat.
Is there another way to force TomCat to reload the class ?

Thanks,

JL

For info, TomCat says when it starts:
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /home/meunier/dev/tomcat4
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /var/tomcat4
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/meunier/dev/tomcat4/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /opt/Linux/Java/jdk1.3.1