Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rob Johnson <rj...@compositesw.com> on 2006/05/10 00:43:39 UTC

WSDL Loading Revisted (not processing WSDL correctly?)

I've been fighting with the Web Services testing all day using jMeter
2.1.1.  I've pretty much determined that jMeter is not processing the
WSDL properly.   The WSDL is valid and in use in other applications.

When I plug in the URL for the WSDL and click "load WSDL", and then pick
a method and select "CONFIGURE", it does not correctly populate the
URL/port/SOAPAction from the WSDL.  Instead, it populates those fields
with the location of the WSDL, not the location of the service.

Has anyone else come across this?  Does anyone else successfully test
Web Services with jMeter?

Thanks much in advance,

Rob

Re: WSDL Loading Revisted (not processing WSDL correctly?)

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
the WSDL tools is very primitive. Since i wrote it, I can say it's really a
dumb parser and expects the WSDL to follow .NET 1.0 or 1.1 format. Any other
format will likely fail miserably.  So far i've test it with .NET 1.0 & 1.1,
Axis, JWSDP and gSoap generated WSDL.

Even if the WSDL is valid, how soap action is declared and used varies
significantly. Feel free to open an enhancement bugzilla and if I have time
I'll take a look. Your other options is to manually enter those values.  the
configure tool is meant to be a convienance. WSDL definition is a bit of a
black art and rather complex. It's been a while since I looked a the spec.

hope that answers your questions

peter