Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ward Loockx <wa...@loockx.be> on 2008/02/28 08:19:12 UTC

PHP-SVN

Hello,

I'm very new to SVN and want to use it in our PHP development. Now I'm
thinking about the infrastructure... There are several servers now with
code on it. Every project uses a production/test/develop environment.
Now I think I can do the same with branching ?? a trunk for mailine dev
(develop environment) and 2 branches for test and production ?

Another question is: if the developers checkout their working copy local
they all need to run a webserver locally ?

Does somebody has experience with PHP and SVN ?

Greets,
Ward

Re: PHP-SVN

Posted by "Oliver Methfessel [MC]" <me...@methfessel-computers.de>.
Hi Ward,

Ward Loockx schrieb:
> Another question is: if the developers checkout their working copy local
> they all need to run a webserver locally ?
If you want the developers to test locally, they need a webserver like
xampp locally.

> Does somebody has experience with PHP and SVN ?
We use the eclipse-PDT with subclibse plugin. It works very fine.

Greetings

Oliver

--
Methfessel Computers
Zieglerstr. 25a, 65191 Wiesbaden

Support per:
IRC-Chat: #MC @ irc.whf-chat.de
Ticket:   https://intern.methfessel-computers.de
Forum:    http://forum.methfessel-computers.de
Telefon:  0900-5805470-760 (0,99 EUR / Minute)

Re: PHP-SVN

Posted by Jeremy Wilkins <je...@ibexinternet.co.uk>.
We're in a similar situation here. I've got my guys running tortoise
and xampp on their machines with the local mysql disabled - each
editing their own code. With a shared mysql db on the server which
everyone uses.

jeb