Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Robert Friberg <ro...@devrex.se> on 2017/07/27 00:25:19 UTC

colocating zookeeper on the kafka broker nodes

Hi,

I'm preparing a production grade install of Kafka. The message volume will be very low, peak load in messages/second would be measured in the 100's. Message size is on average 0.3kb. The number of topics will be < 100 and the typical number of consumers per topic 2 or 3.

Reading the docs and other best practices found it seems like a lot of the recommendations are focused on performance. I'm guessing that some practices are more important than others. In particular I'm wondering if it would be suitable to co-locate the zookeepers on the same VM's as I've heard from multiple sources that this is not recommended. My guess is that this is acceptable given the small workload.

Does anyone here disagree or care to elaborate why this would be bad/good?

--
Robert Friberg
Building OrigoDB at Devrex Labs

RE: colocating zookeeper on the kafka broker nodes

Posted by Srinath C <sr...@gmail.com>.
Ok Robert. For the scale you mentioned, is should be fine in my opinion.

Regards,
Srinath