Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Chris Gibbons <cg...@solutionstream.com> on 2007/04/03 22:05:17 UTC

PPR Event Triggering Entire Page Refresh

I have a panelRadio group, that when I change the radio options it is
triggering the entire page to update rather than just it's components.
All my get methods are being called on all my fields in my page.  Any
ideas why this is, and how to get around it

Chris

RE: PPR Event Triggering Entire Page Refresh

Posted by Chris Gibbons <cg...@solutionstream.com>.
Fairly certain, yes, I have numerous pages that use PPR and they work
fine, my problem is with the panelRadio and the other similar
components.  Here is my page that is causing the issue.  The
"memberMain.xhtml" template basically just has a tr:document in it and a
tr:form and a tr:messages component.  Like I said other pages that have
PPR enabled components work fine and don't trigger validations on non
PPR components, but panelRadio and all similar components do.   I'm
fairly certain it is a bug, but want to make sure I'm doing it right
before I investigate where in the code the bug is happening.

Chris

<ui:composition template="memberMain.xhtml"
	xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
	xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
	xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
	xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"
	xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
	xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad">

	<f:loadBundle id="bundle" var="text"
basename="#{baseBean.bundleName}" />

	<ui:define name="title">
			#{text.submitResumePage_title}
		</ui:define>

	<ui:define name="memberBody">

		#{submitResumeBean.jobListing.tagLine}
value="#{submitResumeBean.resumeTitle}"
			label="#{text.resume_title}" required="true"
requiredMessageDetail="#{text.resume_title_required}"/>
value="#{submitResumeBean.emailAddress}"
			label="#{text.email_address}" required="true"
requiredMessageDetail="#{text.resume_email_required}"
			binding="#{submitResumeBean.emailField}"  />
value="#{submitResumeBean.confirmEmailAddress}"
			label="#{text.confirm_email_address}"
			validator="#{submitResumeBean.emailValidator}">
pattern="^.+@[^\.].*\.[a-z]{2,}$"

messageDetailNoMatch="#{text.invalid_email}" />

label="#{text.sumbit_method}"

binding="#{submitResumeBean.radioComponent}">
text="#{text.uploaded_resume}">

label="#{text.resume_file}"

value="#{submitResumeBean.file}"

validator="#{submitResumeBean.fileExtensionValidator}" />
value="#{text.resume_upload_warning}" />
text="#{text.pasted_resume}">

value="#{submitResumeBean.pastedResume}"

label="#{text.paste_resume}" rows="40" columns="80" />

			<button id="button" jsfc="tr:commandButton"
				text="#{text.submit_resume}"
action="#{submitResumeBean.submit}" />
	</ui:define>
</ui:composition>

Are you sure you are using PPR correctly?
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Partial-page_rendering

Posted by Brian Smith <un...@gmail.com>.