Posted to users@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org> on 2016/11/08 22:27:17 UTC

[VOTE] Traffic Control RELEASE-1.8.0-RC1

Hello All,

I've prepared a release for v1.8.0 (RC1)

Changes since 1.7.0:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/compare/RELEASE-1.7.0...RELEASE-1.8.0-RC1

This corresponds to git:
Tag: RELEASE-1.8.0-RC1

Which can be verified with the following:

git tag -v RELEASE-1.8.0-RC1

My code signing key is available here:
  http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?search=0x6F7762B8&op=vindex
(Note that I am using a new key since RC0)

Make sure you refresh from a key server to get all relevant signatures.

RPMs for all products are available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafficcontrol/1.8.0/RC1/

The vote is open until Wednesday, November 16, 2016.

Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Traffic Control RELEASE-1.8.0-RC1

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Eric...

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
> On Nov 10, 2016, at 3:02 PM, Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> fyi -- we are -1 on this because of these two issues:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TC-24
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TC-37
>
> Another RC will be created after these are resolved..  However,
> please keep testing!

Nice! The process is working :-).

— leif

Re: [VOTE] Traffic Control RELEASE-1.8.0-RC1

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
> On Nov 10, 2016, at 3:02 PM, Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> fyi -- we are -1 on this because of these two issues:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TC-24
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TC-37
>
> Another RC will be created after these are resolved..  However,
> please keep testing!

Nice! The process is working :-).

— leif

Re: [VOTE] Traffic Control RELEASE-1.8.0-RC1

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org>.
fyi -- we are -1 on this because of these two issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TC-24

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TC-37

Another RC will be created after these are resolved..  However,
please keep testing!

Thanks.. Dan

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for looking at that,  Leif..     I'm sure we have a few more
details to get right..   I'm pretty sure most of those are from
external sources, so need to be added to NOTICE..

-Dan

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.
ok -- tarball and  armored signatures are now included in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafficcontrol/1.8.0/RC1/
.   Adding that to the instructions for future release mgrs...

I'll work on getting the NOTICE updated and creating a KEYS file as
well.    Once those are done,   we'll move on to RC2..

thanks!  Dan

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Dave..   should the tarball include the git revision ids and
RC1 as well?

traffic_control_incubating-1.8.0-4549.bebf63ee-RC1.tar.gz

Dan

Posted by David Neuman <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Kirkwood <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,  Eric..