Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/03 20:20:35 UTC

Plugins Release today

Any plugin issues I should know about before releasing today?

Last I heard file and file-transfer dev branches aren't ready to be merged
into master. Has this changed? Ian?

Plugin issues that are still being reviewed/worked on:

I can wait until later in the day to release if some of these are getting
resolve today. I know Jesse is looking at the windows ones.

We can also just do another plugin release next week (or post holidays)
once some of these land.

Re: Plugins Release today

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM, David Kemp <dr...@google.com> wrote:

> You can definitely do an automated build on demand, but the interesting
> part is specifying exactly what to build.
> Currently a build is made up of a bunch of repos at one tag, and some other
> repos at another tag.
> We would need to have a well defined way to specify which tag for each
> repo.
>
> example:
> I want to build cordova-android from the 'fancy-pants' branch, because I am
> ready to push it to master
>
> I presumably need:
>   cordova-android - fancy-pants branch
>   cli,plugman,coho,mobilespec, js from master branch
>   all plugins from master branch
>
> If we can ALWAYS say that a demand build is the same as a master build, but
> with one repo at a different branch that might be pretty easy...

+1 to this.

I suspect we almost always want to test new feature against tip-of-tree (I
guess thats master).  So being able to run that but replace some of the
repos with a different branch would be awesome.  What if we used the
convention of naming feature branches in all the applicable repos the same
thing, that way we can poke CI with a single name and it would check out
that branch on all the repos if it existed?

Re: Plugins Release today

Posted by David Kemp <dr...@google.com>.

Re: Plugins Release today

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@google.com>.

Re: Plugins Release today

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: Plugins Release today

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@google.com>.

Re: Plugins Release today

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for filling me in on the state!

Is it just File that isn't ready? File-transfer is good?

I don't think it is worth it to rip out the code from dev, especially if it
is almost ready. I will hold off releasing file with this plugins release.
We can aim to get a new version of file out next week after it has been
tested (especially with plugins that depend on it). Of course, if you
strongly feel some of those other commits on file should get out asap, then
lets move forward with ripping out so it can be released.

In the future we should all try to work off branches and push code onto dev
that is ready to be pushed to master. We should use dev as master since our
master branch is just for releasing. Still confusing at times. It will be

Re: Plugins Release today

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@google.com>.
Hey Steven,