Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Santosh <sa...@wirkle.com> on 2006/05/15 12:10:32 UTC

Creating/Adding a user to James

Hello,

Does the James API provide any way to create/add a new user?
They only way I know is through Telnet.

Thanks,
Santosh.

Re: Creating/Adding a user to James

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@praxis.it>.
Another way, if you are using a DB based user repository, is to insert a
new row in the 'users' table.

Vincenzo

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
It should also possible to use the org.apache.james.services.UserRepository methods.

bye
Norman

Am Montag, den 15.05.2006, 13:55 +0200 schrieb Vincenzo Gianferrari
Pini:

Posted by Santosh <sa...@wirkle.com>.
Thanks a lot Bernd.
I will try the JMX approach.

But I feel that James should provide a way to do it in a neater and
direct fashion.

Santosh.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.

Posted by -=Kobye=- <ww...@gmail.com>.
 hi,all

    why do not consider provide a way to  create or update user?
    and maintain the james.

    I think if james such as easy as struts will reduce time to learn and
configure , and  attract many user to use james.
    what's your opinion?

I love Java!
I love Sports!
I love this Game !

QQ:33093778
MSN:sportsbaby1980@hotmail.com

home:http://www.jsports.org
blog:http://blog.csdn.net/jsports
       http://blog.matrix.org.cn/page/jsports

Re: Creating/Adding a user to James

Posted by -=Kobye=- <ww...@gmail.com>.
hi,
   How to get a UsersRepository  reference from James?
   I think it's very important

Posted by Norman Maurer <nm...@byteaction.de>.
You should use the ServiceManager.

http://excalibur.apache.org/framework/guide-cop-in-avalon.html

Posted by Santosh <sa...@wirkle.com>.
Well I managed to find an easier solution.
I haven't tested it, but following Norman's suggestion,
org.apache.mailet.UsersRepository interface can be employed for this
purpose.

Thanks a lot.
Santosh.

>Does the James API provide any way to create/add a new user?
>They only way I know is through Telnet.
>
>Thanks,
>Santosh.

Maybe you can use socket to control the James user's infomation .
it is very easy.

Re: Creating/Adding a user to James

Posted by ChaoYY <ch...@gmail.com>.
Santosh 写道: