Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lorenzo Bigagli <lo...@mail.com> on 2001/11/08 18:24:34 UTC

installer problem apparently fixed

A few postings (mine included) concern a bug in the TC4.0.1 installer not
finding JDKs from 1.3 up.
This is to report that the suggestion by Remy Maucherat (thanx) worked for
me and my TC is alive and kicking.

Here is it:

>They (Sun) slightly changed the registry keys they use, so the installer
>doesn't
>work anymore :-(
>
>To fix it, add a String value of "1.4" (or whatever your version is)
>called CurrentVersion under
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit.
>Do the same for the Java Runtime Enviroment key, and I think it should work.

I am unsubscribing the list. Please contact me directly if needed.

RE: installer problem apparently fixed

Posted by Andrew Birchall <an...@rchive-it.com>.
Well im sorry but that is utter shit.
Im using JDK1.2 which Tomcat 4 supports and it still doesn't install (WinNT).
The Installer should take the value of "JavaHome" in the registry and use that as
the location of the JDK. Its a very simple concept so why doesn't it do that?
We have to deploy our application with the Tomcat install kit, not the zip file, but
we can't until were certain that Tomcat is going to insatll ok.
Andy