Posted to dev@singa.apache.org by ooibc <oo...@comp.nus.edu.sg> on 2015/11/10 15:28:14 UTC

development plan for SINGA

Based on our quick check at the release of Tensorflow and online
discussions, it appears to be 2x slower than MXNet (ancestor of CXXNET)
on cifar10 dataset, and it contains older
codes like cudnn-v2. This could be just a form of crowdsourcing at work.

SINGA is data flow centric in design, and provides simple interfaces,
from layer abstraction to neural net structure, model
configuration/mapping, model/data partitioning, function overriding, and
training framework configuration.

So, we are good and we should keep to the development/release plan
outlined in
     http://singa.apache.org/develop/schedule.html

Thanks, and Happy Deepavali (to those who celebrate)!

regards
beng chin

Re: development plan for SINGA

Posted by Wang Wei <wa...@comp.nus.edu.sg>.