Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Adrian M." <ad...@nerdshack.com> on 2006/11/01 12:19:51 UTC

Problem with including jars.

Hello,

I'm still a maven beginner. I'll try to compile a project, which needs
some extra jars.
The jars are located in src/main/resources/*.jar .

If I try "mvn compile" it will stop with the error "package *.jar not
found."

How can I include them? Is there a little example or tutorial?

Thanks Adrian

Re: Problem with including jars.

Posted by Trent Rosenbaum <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

All maven projects locate there dependencies through the local or
remote repositories.
Maven will not know to include there jar files within the compile
stage of the process.
The following link include some information about placing your jar
dependencies within the maven repo structure.  Once in this structure
and configured within your pom.xml maven should then be able to
compile your project.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-local.html

hope this helps.
Trent