Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Nicko Cadell <ni...@neoworks.com> on 2005/08/14 21:26:11 UTC

RE: Ignoring BufferSize

Ronnie,

If you need the SmtpAppender to send an email immediately for each log
message that is routed to it you should set the BufferSize to 0. This
will mean that each email will contain only 1 log message.

<appender name="Mail" type="log4net.Appender.SmtpAppender">
  <bufferSize value="0" />
</appender>

If you also want to limit the logging events that the appender sends
then you need to specify a threshold level on the appender.

<threshold value="ERROR" />

Cheers,

Nicko