Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gunnar Eketrapp <gu...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/15 22:07:49 UTC

T5 / Ajax / ID generation

Hi!

We have a login form within a div that is initially hided and slided out by
javascript when clicking on a login button.

Within this div we use aja to replace the login form with a request
forgotton password etc etc.

My problem now is when going back from the request forgotton password look
an regenerating the login fields T5 creates
id's like ...

    id="password-837654873"

... which we need T5 not to since we have jaavascript that dependes on
knowing the ids of these fields.

Is there any way to prevent T5 from adding these numbers. The initally
fields have been replaced so it should be safe to reuse the id names !!!
(?).

Thanks in advance,

Gunnar Eketrapp

Re: T5 / Ajax / ID generation

Posted by Robin Komiwes <od...@gmail.com>.
Already had this problem and I'm still asking myself if it is a good thing
to not let the developper controls the clientId. I tend to think it should
be the matter of the developper, not of the framework.

Re: T5 / Ajax / ID generation

Posted by Benny Law <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: T5 / Ajax / ID generation

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.