Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Curt Johnson <Cu...@trcinc.com> on 2004/02/16 21:06:39 UTC

Thread Iteration Stopwatch

I know that some people have asked for a "stopwatch" report of time it
takes for a single thread to run through a single iteration.
I need this feature as well and was looking at implementing it.

I have some questions about how to implement this. I've looked at
JMeterThread and some of the various DataModel Visualizer code.
The most direct way it seems, would be to place an extended version of
the Module Controller with two drop down boxes, a start sampler and an
end sampler.
When the start sampler fired it's request, the Stopwatch Controller
would receive the event and log a start time, when the end sampler
finished with the response, it would receive that event and log the end
time.
The logging of start and end times would be handled by firing an event
for the Stopwatch Visualizer, which would extend the Results in Table
visualizer. This would list a number, thread name, test time and then
report min/max/avg data at the bottom of the GUI much like the Table
visualizer does.

Any suggestions on approach? I've got very limited experience with the
JMeter codebase.
Thanks,
Curt Johnson - cjohnson@trcinc.com
The Technical Resource Connection, Inc.
http://www.trcinc.com

Re: Thread Iteration Stopwatch

Posted by Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com>.
Doesn't the Transaction Controller fulfill this need?