Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by gu...@ibs.se on 2002/08/21 17:11:37 UTC

[Logging] Initializing the Log4jFactory in commons-logging 1.0.1

HI,

I've just upgraded to the 1.0.1 version from a old dev version of
Commons-logging.
Using the new coding convention LogFactory.getLog(SWTControlFactory.class) returns a log but the configuration hasn't been read.
Stepping through the code shows that the correct factory (log4j) is used,
but it hasn't read the log4j.properties

I thought that the factories were added to handle initialization - wrong?
Or, worse, do I need to impl my own logger??

/G