Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/01 18:51:26 UTC

Re: WicketStuff Teamcity can't access the sourceforge subversion repository

sf.net keeps banning our TC instance because they think it access svn
too often. nothing we can do about it. i think nino filed a ticket
with them that never got resolved.

-igor

Posted by Renaud Bruyeron <br...@fullsix.com>.
Has anyone considered github for wicketstuff?
it looks like the perfect place for something like wicketstuff

Renaud

--
Renaud Bruyeron - CTO - FullSIX France
+33 6 10 11 03 42

Re: WicketStuff Teamcity can't access the sourceforge subversion repository

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

How does TeamCity collect Wicketsuff SVN changes (post commit hook or polling)?

Posted by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca>.
Hello,

This message is a follow up to the TeamCity access issue with
wicketstuff at sourceforge.net.

I asked about the access problem in the source forge irc support but the
response was to have a project admin open up a ticket which is what
didn't work last time.

I was wondering if TeamCity was setup to continuously poll the SVN
repository or if a post commit hook was being used?

I would think that triggering svn update only after a developer commits
would generate less requests and hopefully prevent the build server from
being blacklisted.

At work we use the post commit hook to fire a wget into our Hudson CI
server that in turn triggers the svn update and build.

TeamCity seems to support the same:
http://confluence.jetbrains.net/display/TCD5/Accessing+Server+by+HTTP#AccessingServerbyHTTP-TriggeringaBuildFromScript

Sourceforge won't let projects directly edit the svn/hooks/post-commit
file.  Instead they support several scripts that can be configured by a
project admin.

There is no wget option available; the closest is the 'svnnotify' script
that can send an email when a commit occurs.  I can provide a dedicated
email address for this purpose and offer to write a script to convert
the commit notifications into wget calls into teamcity which would
active the build.

Regards,

Mike

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.